75100385

Noisy and Abusive Neighbour

Customer Question

Hi, I live in a converted villa comprising 12 flats. Approximately half are occupied full time with the remainder used as holiday homes and/or holiday lets. Most properties that are occupied full time are rental although I own mine. We have one neighbour who is being a nuisance. This person works nights through the week and spends the entire weekend drinking. This leads to a constant noise from the flat including foul and abusive language. This person lives on their own yet it sounds like they are having an argument with themselves. The noise is generally extremely foul and abusive sometimes aimed at other residents. I should point out that this person doesn't leave their property over the weekend. There have also been many occasions when damage can be heard to be being caused in the property. Myself and other residents have attempted to approach the tenant to ask them to be quiet but are just ignored. The property management company have been approached and they have contacted the landlord. Unfortunately each time any sort of intervention is attempted the next weekend the disturbances increase with threats being screamed from inside the property about other residents. Many residents are now scared to walk outside in the property on their own at the weekend. There is a comprehensive diary collated between the residents and this has been presented to the housing management company, the council and the police but no actions have been taken. Is there anything further that can be done? Thanks

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know if their is a clause in your lease that says not to cause annoyance or noise please?