75100385

I am trying to replace a 20 year old fence dividing my property

I am trying to replace a 20 year old fence dividing my property from that of a neighbour. They have been harassing me and have also sent me an anonymous letter. They have now decided after living there for 10 years and not saying a word that my fence is about 20 cm on their land and they have threatened my builders so they have stopped. I now have a totally insecure back garden and have to take my dogs out there on a lead. I am 71 and finding it very difficult to understand why my fence is, after 20 years, now on their land. What can I do I am becoming suicidal with the stress of it all. Thank you
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you have had a survey done please ?
Customer:

The fence was put up on the original line when the house was built. neighbours did not have a survey done. I believed the fence to be in the correct position.

Alex Watts : Ok. You need to get a survey done to show where the correct line is.
Alex Watts : You can then show this to your neighbour. If their is still a dispute sadly you have to issue proceedings and seek a declaration from the court as to where the boundary is.
Alex Watts : You would have a report showing it is in accordance with what you say.
Alex Watts : The neighbour would need to get one showing it is not.
Alex Watts : Once you have a declaration you can reinstate the original line.
Alex Watts : But sadly you should get a surveyors report first.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you there is nothing else