Hello. I had numerous complaints from my neighbour regarding

Customer Question

I had numerous complaints from my neighbour regarding my cat, my washing machine, sitting in the garden and leaving the back door open (closing it was not an option as I would get locked out), I even got shouted at in front of my neighbour's daughter. They have been at my door over 8 times with various complaints over the last 6 months, and absolutely drove me nuts. I then started to get bullied by this woman and I actually had to phone the police. Since I called the police, the neighbours have now started to complain about me playing the piano, although I always had this piano and never played the piano after 9 pm. They have never complained about the piano before. It is obviously their way to fight back, although they know that I am a pianist, and the piano is actually my job. In the last couple of days I had them coming at my door again, after the police had spoken to them. I actually have been harassed again, but this time not by them, but by the Mother of the woman downstairs. Although I mentioned that I would record the conversation, she still shouted at me, and it is still on the video. Last time I got bullied I stopped going to the garden for a couple of months but this time I actually had to switch my entry phone off as I am getting extremely stressed. Please could you advise what I should do?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello- will I get charged another £38 for the next question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to know if I have any right to sue my neighbours for harassment. I have been bullied by them for 6 months now, and I now have two videos of them shouting at me. I just can not live like this.

If you mean the fact that they have made complaints then I am afraid that is not harassment.

If their complaint is that you are playing the piano too loudly I suppose then that is not a matter of harassment. It might well be an unmerited complaint but unless you can prove that you were not playing the piano at the time then that isn't harassment.

Shouting abuse is capable of being harassment but two incidents is unlikely to be sufficient. In principle you only need two separate occasions of vexation but since you will have to pay for the action it is too great a risk to take in practice.

I'm afraid you would not get legal aid for this action. Its a small claims court issue so it would be cheap enough to issue but it would be for you to do so.

Sorry if thats bad news.