UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am named as company director and secretary of my ex husbands

I am named as company director and secretary of my ex husbands one man ltd company. I also own 90% ordinary shares. We are now divorced and I am concerned that my ex is threatening to close the company down. Can he do this without my co operation? We have not yet reached a financial settlement.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

No, the company cannot be dissolved or liquidated without your approval as you are a director and registered shareholder of 90% of the company's shares.

You should inform your ex husband that he cannot close the company down without your approval and remind him of your directorship and majority shareholding and that any attempt to do so without your approval will be reported to Companies House.

May I help further?