UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have purchased a house with my long term Partner. My late

I have purchased a house with my long term
Partner. My late Father gave a substantial amount as a deposit, as did his Mother.
I am not on the deeds & have no proof that I contributed to the purchase of the house.
How do I rectify this situation?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Why was your name not put down on the deeds and does your partner agree that your name should be on the deeds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm on Employment Support Allowance &
Disability benefit, I have a chronic condition
Your partner may do a transfer of equity in your favour so that your name is ***** ***** the deeds.

If your partner refuses to do so, you may lodge a unilateral notice at the Land Registry to protect your interest in the propert. You are not required to submit any proof of your interest at the point you lodge the unilateral notice, you are only required to submit proof if your partner challenges your notice.

As your father contributed to the deposit, you could argue that a presumed resulting trust arose in your favour but you would need to go to court for an appropriate order in your favour if your partner does not recognise your interest.

I would suggest that you consult a face to face solicitor for further assistance.