75100385

Good Morning,My Daughter rented a proprty of 7 years, during

Customer Question

Good Morning,
My Daughter rented a proprty of 7 years, during that time and electric cooker was replaced by the land lord.
My daughter has now moved and the land lord/agent are refusing to return her deposit of £800.00, because the agent has no record and the the landlord can't remember of the cooker being replaced and its a diffent make to what was listed on the original audit list.
how can my daughter get her money back?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know, are you saying they simply have no record of the deposit, or are they saying the cooker was replaced without consent?

JACUSTOMER-lk23hkdj- :

Hello Alex,

JACUSTOMER-lk23hkdj- :

Hello Alex. The agent,Martin &co have a record of the deposit but no record of the cooker being replaced. I believe the deposit is held in a deposit protection scheme.

JACUSTOMER-lk23hkdj- :

hello Alex, just to clarify, the land lady's husband bought the cooker and installed it.

JACUSTOMER-lk23hkdj- :

The land lady also over the years replaced other items for example Bathroom heater, hight storage heaters, plus various repairs. All contact has been throughout the agent Martin & Co.

Alex Watts :

OK- does your daughter remembers when it was replaced? What are the agent saying, it was of a lessor quality?

Alex Watts :

* lesser *

JACUSTOMER-lk23hkdj- :

Today the agent has said that when Emma vacated the property on 1st of August on independent audit was conducted and they noted that the cooker was of a different make to the original audit when Emma first moved in 2007. The cooker was rereplaced about 6 Years ago. The agent has also informed Emma that the independent auditor has recommend a carpet and oven clean, although Emma left it in an immaculate condition.

JACUSTOMER-lk23hkdj- :

Also the Emma has left brand new window blinds which should of been replaced by the land lady, redecorated repeatedly in the bedrooms because of a ventilation problem which the landlady never cured.

JACUSTOMER-lk23hkdj- :

The agent has recommended that Emma contacts the dps to dispute the deductions and extra charges that the landlady is asking to be deducted from the deposit. Emma will be contacting them tomorrow .

Alex Watts :

Did they not conduct periodic checks please, the agent?