UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am ex British military man living in KENYA and married to

Customer Question

I am ex British military man living in KENYA and married to a Kenyan Lady since December 2013 I am Disabled ( in a wheelchair) suffering Multiple Sclerosis and has become increasingly more difficult to Tavel alone I MUST RETURN to the UK every few months to renew my visa I need to know the possibilities for my Wife to travel with me with regard to visas as she is in fact also my Carer We do hope to be able to settle in this Country in the near future Can you advise on the legalities of this situation Matthew Nott
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Do you have suitable accommodation in the UK to accommodate your wife and yourself and do you have savings of at least £63500 or have an annual income of at least £18600?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my Annual income exceeds £18,600 All my immediate British family live in Weston s Mare where I wish eventually to settle They would accommodate us until we found our own home I omitted to include my Wife's 10 year old son I am in the process of adopting him I am obtaining a visitors Visa again this time but when that expires I want to know the possibility of bringing my Wife here to experience this country before making a more permanent decision as she is both my Wife and CARER it has become essential that she travels with me

Your wife and the child may apply for settlement visas once you sponsor them for these visas when you have decided to move permanently to the UK.

As a child is involved, you will need to show a minimum annual income of 22,400 pounds per annum before tax.

The settlement visa application process is explained here:
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

Until you have all decided to move to the UK permanently, your Kenyan wife and child may apply for multiple entry long term visit visas, these are issued for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years and 10 years.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately the Website Guidance was something we had already accessed We required you ,as a Lawyer, to break down the Immigration Regulations specifically for MY CIRCUMSTANCES NOT JUST GENERIC INFORMATION I AM THEREFORE RATHER DISAPPOINTED

Your wife is eligible to apply for a settlement visa if you as a British Citizen sponsor her for this visa.

The fact that she is your carer is not relevant, what is relevant is that she is married to you, you intend to move back to the UK permanently with her and the child, that you have adequate income assuming you are not claiming any benefits in the UK and assuming you are able to accomodate her and the child without overcrowding the accomodation.

You may all live with family members until you find your own accomodation.

Please let me know if you have any other specific questions.