Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am a Spanish citizen. I might need to send my 9 year old

I am a Spanish citizen. I might need to send my 9 year old daughter to live with some relatives in the UK for 6 months -one year. I would like that my daughter assists to an English public school while she is in the UK. (She is currently in Year 5 in a British school in Spain that teaches the British curriculum.) I would like to know the conditions or procedure that we need to meet in order to be able to register (apply) her in one of the local public schools where my relatives live Do I need to register her in the corresponding local autoritrhy? What sort of documentation do I need to provide in order to prove that she is going to be living in the UK with my relative?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your message. I continue waiting,no problem....

Would it be of help, if I pay more so the advisors could get more interested?

rgds.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I have not any feedback about this question and there is no underpriced report on it.
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hola David
As an EU citizen your child is entitled to attend school in any EU country under the same conditions as nationals of that country.
However, if your child does not reside with you (in the UK) then they must reside with a close family member (ie a step-parent, legal guardian, grandparent, brother or sister, biological aunt or uncle). You, both mother and father, will also likely be required to give guardianship to your family member whom your child will be staying in the event of emergencies etc.
Either you or a person with parental responsibility may apply under the admissions arrangements set out in the Schools Admissions Code (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-admissions-code).
You would need to contact the Local Authority in the area where your family are and where you would send your child and ask for a place for your child at any school.
You should ask the Local Authority for an application form. You may be able to apply online, on the Local Authority's website.
This link will take you to the government website that will assist you. If your daughter is 9 she will be looking to attend primary school which is up to age 11: https://www.gov.uk/schools-admissions/applying
You may be a late application if you are considering doing this soon as the school term has already started.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Kasare, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law