12826847

my husband is a business man and he quite often has to go to

my husband is a business man and he quite often has to go to clients houses to try and recupe money which he would be owed. My question - he called at a clients house last Friday and got the son who passed on the message to the father that my husband had called and left his bill. This morning my husband had a call from this client who was very cross because he called at his home and if he did this again he would be calling psni as he was harassing him. This posed a question with me could he bring a case against my husband for harassment.?
Legitimate debt collection is not harassment. Harassment is making contact with a person with no reasonable grounds. It was actually intended to deal with crazed stalkers not these stupid neighbour disputes and domestic Jeremy Kyle episodes.
The risk here is that a person could say that your husband was engaging in activities that exceed legitimate debt collection and that he made threats etc. Some people do lie to the police sometimes. If that does happen then the police will have to investigate.
This is a clearly a person with a long standing history of making allegations when he can't have he wants because he knows about PNSI so its not a good idea to place yourself in a position where he can make such allegations.