12826847

does a police officer who has a complaint made against him/her

does a police officer who has a complaint made against him have the right to know the complaint

It depends what you mean. If a complaint is made against any person then the inevitable consequence is that it will be disclosed to that person so that they can answer the allegation. Obviously not all complaints have merit.
That would be the position whatever level the complaint has reached. The officer would need to know about it to respond to it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jo, my son who is a UK serving police officer who has had a complaint lodged against him by the neighbourhood bully, however professional standards will not reveal details of the complaint rendering him unable to defend himself

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Jo I wanted a specific answer, not a generic stock answer,

can professional standards withhold the nature therefore subjecting the officer to limbo but still expect the officer to defend and protect while it gets its shit togbether

So they intend taking any action?
Or is it just to sit on his file?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jo that is just it we do not know whether or not they intend to take action, however, they have advised that "J**** get federation representation, because he's going to need it", so where would we go from here???

In that case they are taking action and they will have to disclose this.
They just haven't done it yet which is not unreasonable. There are stages to reports.
He needs to speak to the police federation who will sort out representation.
People are always making reports these days basically because its free and it makes them feel powerful. It doesn't mean they have any merit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks Jo

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Again Jo many thanks I now have a clear direction of approach

You are welcome.