75100385

Hello I have my gas and electricity with British Gas I have

Hello I have my gas and electricity with British Gas I have tried 3 times to bring my accounts (for both gas and electric ) up to date, each time I am told that the payment has not been processed due to an error WITH THE BRITISH GAS SYSTEM (I have had money in the bank)
I work offshore and do not live in this address all year I have just found out that a pay as you go meter has been fitted when I made 3 attampts to pay via visa credit card the last attempt 6.8.2014. At this stage nooone at British Gas informed me that a meter was about to be installed I called up before a court order was made to the court ? (I was not aware of this as I was at sea so did not see the letter ) then on the 13 August I got a call from my neighbour telling me that she thought my gas or electric was about to be cut off she said she had asked the Britsh Gas people what the issue was and they informed her that it was between them and the customer nothing to do with her !
I immediately called British Gas and spoke to an Indian lady and she said she did not know why BG were at my house and she put me through to a gentleman who told me there had been an error as they thought the house was 'unoccupied' and that this had obviously been a mistake this conversation was not logged but I did make a payment of £200 and was told that the balance would be paid when I returned home 9 Sept I have today been on the telephone call to British Gas for 3 hours and spoken to a really rude woman called Kelly in Customer Resolutions a helpful guy in India called Sadeish a rude woman called Jagjaeb even though I want to bring the account up to date in full I have not been able to do this just transf from dept to dept I have been told that even though I made attempts to pay the account in full I will have to keep my Pay as you Go meter for 12 mnths as they need to monitor my payments …..when I made every attempt more than once to bring the full balance up to date…. its not my fault if British Gas has issues with their banking system and unable to process the payments when customers call to pay their bill.
At the moment Givn from the Pay as you Go team is looking into this situation as I want the Pay as you Go meter taken out and a bill meter put back in but they refuse to do this ? I have been told I have to wait 12 months ????I have asked them could I close down the account and get a new supplier and I have been told No this is not possible?
This is not my fault I find this whole issue very upsetting.
kind regards from :
Carol Alexandria *****
Canada Water
London
SE16 6QG
mobile: ***********
If you can help me I would be very grateful.
British Gas account numbers (CONFUSED) as i have a gas and electric account which used to be one account but now have different accounts for gas and Electric.
850052983561
850045825590
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Can't you just pay by direct debit please?

Customer:

I have just paid my gas in full this time the payemnt went through and of course i have tried to pay by direct debit I do not think £39 paymet justifies this answer so can you please send me a refund ?

Alex Watts :

That was not the answer, I was just asking that as a preliminary question

Alex Watts :

What is it you want to achieve please?

Alex Watts :

Have you been to the Ombudsman yet?

Customer:

Yes i am going to the Ombudsmann

Customer:

sorry a bit stressed out today

Alex Watts :

Sure I understand.

Alex Watts :

What is it you want to achieve?

Customer:

Well i want the pay as you go meter taken out and I have been informed that BG are going to arrange this on 7 october 2017 as I made attaempts to pay and I will set up a direct debot for future payments.

Customer:

I gave them a hard time as I think they are out of order ?

Customer:

and got what I wanted in the end.

Customer:

even tho i have to wait a month

Alex Watts :

Ok - so that is being taken out - good.

Alex Watts :

What else do you want to achieve?

Customer:

yes it is

Customer:

I would like some sort of apology for the time spent on the phone today and for the stress and anguish caused

Customer:

I can hardly breath and they made me cry which is not normal for me

Alex Watts :

Do you have any indication from the Ombudsman when you are likely to get a reply?

Customer:

and i have a migaine

Customer:

migraine

Customer:

no no reply from Ombudsman yet

Alex Watts :

Ok - but have they acknowledged the complaint?

Customer:

no not yet I just sent complaint off

Customer:

I have just sent off the complaint

Alex Watts :

Ah ok. I would recommend following through with the Ombudsman.

Alex Watts :

They offer you a free service and are independent as you know

Alex Watts :

If you want to go to Court not only would you have Court fees to pay but also legal fees if you want representation

Alex Watts :

These are not always recoverable and indeed today I have been in Court and the legal fees allowed went from £32,000 to £20,000

Alex Watts :

So the client has had to pay the difference of £12,000 themself.

Alex Watts :

So even if you go to Court there is no guarantee you will win or get your full fees.

Alex Watts :

So go down the Ombudsman route and see what they say

Alex Watts :

If they recommend compensation and the Company do not pay, that is stronger for you to go to Court on the back of that.

Alex Watts :

Any claim for £10,000 or less would be a small claim anyway

Alex Watts :

Customer:

hi Alex

Customer:

thank you for your help

Alex Watts :

Does this answer the question for you today?

Customer:

yes thnk you very much sorry ive been a little busy as I work from home.