31090051

In February my brother obtained a mortgage to buy my half of

In February my brother obtained a mortgage to buy my half of my late mothers house. The conveyancing is still ongoing even now. I was given a completion date of 31 July but its way past that now. How long should this have taken ?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Assuming your late mother's estate is complete and the property is in the joint names of you and your brother, the conveyancing aspects could be completed in a matter of days. There should be no reason for the delay from the information you have given.
Assuming your brother also wishes the transaction to proceed, you should ask him why this is taking so long. His solicitors don't have to talk to you but they are accountable to him.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.