75100385

hi My wife and i have had a stannah stair lift fitted 3 years

hi My wife and i have had a stannah stair lift fitted 3 years ago by Dolphin Lifts Kent, this july 2014 the free maintenance service ran out, when the chair was fitted it all worked well for a short time cant remember the dates but we had to call Dolphin Lifts out to fix the lift several times over the three years with the same fault every time. at one time i called the fire brigade. in the end i had to get two friends to lift my wife in a wheel chair to lift my wife over the chair lift as yet again it broke down and was told no one can come out because of the time of night this was around 10 p.m this in turn put my wife in danger as my wife was stuck half way. we have had a problem with the lift for some time we have been told that it is a intermittent fault as far as i'm concerned the problem had never been fixt properly. i have phoned them to day, and waiting for a call back. also as we have had to sleep on the sofa in the lounge , the sofa is now damaged as yet again the stair lift has broken down again, probably with the same fault, we fill the the service we have received or not received is not good enough as my wife has osteoporosis in her spine and cant walk and i have degenerative spondylosis in the spine and the hips with arthritis in my left shoulder, can you help please
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you had a second opinion on the stairlift and the cost to put right please?

JACUSTOMER-ppnfy98g- :

hi i have tried to get a second opinion but that wont come out because they did not fit the stair lift as stanner are the only people that would deal with the problem and the cost from all the other companies is £65 call out and pay for parts if anything needed changing i have been on the phone to Dolphin lifts and they said that it may cost £60 for batteries, but he did say that he is only guessing, but we still have the same problem, so how can that be, but he also told me that if the batteries are static for you long time they wont work, all i know is that my car is static for the winter ie snow yet that still worked when i started the car and the battery in my car was ok. i dont know if the same applies to stair lift batteries. but he was not going to listen.

Alex Watts :

What you should do is if you can get a number of quotes for getting the work done and putting it right. Ask Dolphin to come out and fix the problem or say you will get it done and sue for this cost.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request they do the work or you will sue for your losses (quotes) within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do nothing then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you for your time if we still get the same problum once Dolphin Lifts has been i will then proceed with the action that you recomend. thak you, from

Alex Watts : Great. Is there anything else I can help with today?