Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

payed for parking for 3 hours on private carpark went 31 mins

payed for parking for 3 hours on private carpark went 31 mins over got caught by parking eye now got ticket for £100 if payed within 14 days its reduced to £60 pound bit extreme for 31 mins any advice would be welcome thanks
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
A similar thing happened to me with Parking Eye a few months ago and I have successfully appealed it through the POPLA process, so I hope I can assist you!
Firstly, you need to write a letter to Parking Eye disputing their request for payment. They will write back to you, rejecting your claim, but you then need to write a letter to POPLA who are the independent body set up to rule on parking fines. POPLA will find in your favour.
As regards ***** ***** you need to write, I can do no better than to guide you to Moneysaving expert website, as they have all the precedent letters you will need to be successful. If you go on their website and type "The Parking Tickets, fines and Parking Board", there is a thread on that page headed "NEEBIES!! Private parking Ticket?" and this explains exactly what you need to do and also leads you to the precedent letters you will need to write.
The precedent letters can be copied and pasted, so if you are prepared to spend 30 mins or so reading the website thread, then it is worth the satisfaction!
I hope this has guided you and assisted you.
Kind Regards
AL