75100385

Good Morning Do employers have any recourse over employment

Customer Question

Good Morning
Do employers have any recourse over employment agencies for wrongful factual info. on a persons CV.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether the agency knew the CV was wrong please?

Customer: They have said nothing in relation to right or wrong but they should have vetted the person in relation to factual content shouldn't they?
Customer: They have said nothing in relation to right or wrong but they should have vetted the person in relation to factual content shouldn't they?
Alex Watts :

You think they should check each person's CV on their system, is that right?

Alex Watts :

What do their terms of business say about accuracy please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there terms of business state that all they need to do is check whether or not a candidate can work in this country. The situation is that what I would consider to be basic vetting (ie previous working conduct) is incorrect and it has taken us 7 weeks to find this out for ourselves.

Does it mean that an agency can in effect take anybody in off the street and charge , in this case £3900.
Sadly yes.

The problem you have is this. Nowhere in the terms does it say they need to check accuracy. If you wanted this included as a business you should have asked for it.

The contract governs each parties rights and responsibilities. Therefore any terms as a business that need to be included should be negotiated.

If it is not in the contract and you did not request that they check then sadly they are under no obligation whatsoever to do so.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your advice
Happy to help