75100385

I bought a mobile phone last Thursday but when I got home I

I bought a mobile phone last Thursday but when I got home I realised I could have got the same package for at least £10 a month cheaper. I went the next day to pick up my phone but told them I wanted to cancel the contract. I was told that I could not do that as the contract I signed had a NO COOLING clause. Is this legall and can I do anything about it?
Alex Watts : For nkw
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you ordered online or in store please?
Customer:

I bought the phone in a mobile phone shop

Customer:

Is the expert still there?

Customer:

Is someone going to answer my question?

Alex Watts : It's bad news I am afriad.
Alex Watts : If you signed a contract in store then there is no cooling off period.
Alex Watts : It is the same as if you go to a car dealer and purchase a car, if you sign a contract you are bound.
Alex Watts : The law only says that you are entitled to a co
Alex Watts : The law says you are only entitled to a cooling off period if it is for finance, which is is not, or you purchased at a distance
Alex Watts : An example would be online or over the telephone.
Alex Watts : If you have signed up online then you would have a cooling off period.
Alex Watts : But as you went to the store and signed up there is no cooling off period and the law says you are not entitled to one.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : I would though speak to customer services and see if they have a different view.
Alex Watts : The store will have a target to meet and customer services and more people friendly.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

OK Thanks for that. Looks like I should have done my homework first