75100385

I lent a friend some money about 3 years ago on trust for a

I lent a friend some money about 3 years ago on trust for a few weeks and it was not repaid. The matter was not pressed as the friend was thought to be reliable and honest, but eventually it became apparent there was no intention (or they had no ability) to repay the money. Chasing over a period of months had limited effect, finally they admitted to having large debts. I made a CC claim for the outstanding amount with interest of 8% added as the County Courts Act (including the correct wording). The outstanding amount was admitted but the added interest defended against - I accepted this as the court advised I would still be still entitled to 8% interest on the admitted amount as the correct wording had been included in the claim. The judgment was issued and it states 'you must pay the claimant £3,655 for debt (and interest to date of judgment) and £185 for costs' forthwith. The debt has not been satisfied and is unlikely to be in the foreseeable future, so I am making a charging order application. I am now uncertain how to complete the form where it asks for the judgment amount including any costs and interest - am I still entitled to add here 8% interest to the £3,655 judgment debt figure?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For the purposes of a charging order application on form N379 you out the total amount owing at this stage as per the judgment
Alex Watts : So you ask for £3655 plus £185
Alex Watts : It just makes life easier.
Alex Watts : Some judges get confused between judgment debt and further interest.
Alex Watts : It is only once the debt is discharged do you need to work out interest again
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Ok that helps thank you, ***** ***** still though if that means with the judgment wording I am entitled to claim the 8% interest at discharge given the situation with part admission?

Alex Watts : You are entitled to 8% on the judgment amount yes.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Yes thanks, ***** ***** I needed to know.

Alex Watts : Great. Can I help with anything else today please?
Customer:

That's all for the moment thanks.

Alex Watts : ok. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go. The button should be at the bottom of the page.
Alex Watts : if you need more help please click reply.