75100385

My next door neighbour has caused a lot of problems for us

My next door neighbour has caused a lot of problems for us and the neighbours on the other side. Currently, we don't have a problem with the family next door and hope that this will continue. However, the neighbour on the other side has a boundary dispute with them which he has been unable to resolve. He has contacted a tv producer and they want to feature the troublesome neighbour in a tv programme. We are horrified at the idea of the publicity and are worried that this will make it very difficult to sell our house. Also, other neighbours will be affected. Is there any way we can stop the production of this programme?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you have been contacted by the production company please ?
Customer:

Yes, I was phoned today

Alex Watts : Ok and you refused I assume?
Customer:

Yes, I said that I was very angry about this and felt that this was a very bad idea. I can't remember the exact words that I used. I took her name and the name of the company plus a contact number.

Alex Watts : ok. Well it's a mixture of news.
Alex Watts : As you have this dispute you would have to declare it when you sell in any event.
Alex Watts : However in terms of the tv programme, you can't stop them from themselves being filmed and being on it.
Alex Watts : But they can't involve you or broadcast you in it without consent
Alex Watts : So it's a double edged sword.
Alex Watts : On the one hand you can't stop the neighbour being in it but on the other you can stop yourself from being in it
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not one the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

The problem is that the house is very close to ours so I am afraid that it will be shown on the tv. Can't I stop them using it?

Alex Watts : Sadly not.
Alex Watts : Anyone can just go onto google street map and do the same thing
Customer:

So, basically, there's nothing I can do about it.

Alex Watts : Only stop you from being on it.
Alex Watts : But you can also use this as an opportunity to put your side.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?
Customer:

If we do that then they are likely to edit it and we won't like the result.

Alex Watts : It is
Alex Watts : it is possible
Alex Watts : But the same could be said for the neighbour
Alex Watts : Is there anything else I can help with today?
Customer:

Can't I take out an injunction against the neighbour or the producer of the programme?

Alex Watts : It's not illegal
Alex Watts : You can't stop a neighbour being involved in a tv programme
Alex Watts : That part is nothing to do with you.
Alex Watts : Legally you can't prevent someone from being on a show
Customer:

Well, I'll have to try talking to the neighbours and see if they can see my point of view.

Alex Watts : Indeed.
Alex Watts : Is there anything else I can assist you with today?