Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

What is a N244 form? Can that overturn a county court judg

What is a N244 form? Can that overturn a county court judgement?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
An N244 is an application notice required to make an application in existing proceedings.
Was the county court judgment made in default? Did you attend the hearing and defend it?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I submitted an admission form in error. I do the owe the money. However I thought that when a 6 month payment plan was offered I still had to fill admission form. Confusion laid to that. Now the admission has be filed and I dont the balance to clear within a month. So hoping N244 may help

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid there is nothing you can do if you have admitted the claim and owe the money.
You will have to pay the judgment and then once this is done you can file the Judgment as satisfied at the county court registry.
The form N244 may only have been relevant if you had ground a for appeal or could seek a set aside. Unfortunately you won't be able to set the Judgment aside as you have admitted it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ