13262538

I have a residency or in place which states that my ex partners

I have a residency or in place which states that my ex partners boyfriend isn't allowed to pick the children up from school, I contacted my youngest daughters play school and found out I wasn't on the records as an emergency contact but my ex partner and her boyfriend was I asked them to remove him from it and added myself and my mum on there they said they needed to authorise this. I have PR over all my 3 children why do they have to authorise any of these changes with their mum but if she makes any changes they don't have to run any of them by me? she also didn't get my written permission to enrol my youngest in the play school which I know she has to. please help
Is this a private or state run nursery?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claire its a state run nursery

In that case I suggest that you write a polite letter to them with a copy of the Birth Certificate and point out that the fact that you are named gives you Parental Responsibility and the right for your name to be on their records
You can also enclose a copy of the Order which states that her partner cannot collect the children and that accordingly they must remove his name from the list accordingly.
However they are correct - they will need the mother's agreement to your mother's name being added,
You should send a copy of your letter to the Local Education Authority and ask them to advice the Nursery as to the correct legal position.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

why do they need her agreement on things like that when she can make changes but they don't ask me for my agreement?

Michael

Unless your ex has a Residence Order for the child then in future they will need your agreement.
Many schools are not clear on the legal intricacies of family law and do need help in understanding the rules