How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3655
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I want you to ask for advice Im from Czech Republic I came

Resolved Question:

I want you to ask for advice I'm from Czech Republic
I came to England in 2001 to seek asylum.
In 2004 the Czech Republic joined the European Union, I received a letter from the home office, they gave me the advice to find a job and is registered with the WRS. Which I did.
In 2006, I received a letter from the home office, and the permanent residence card
this card is green where it is written the date it was issued.
but not written expiry date
the expiry date is only a flat line, I do not know what it means. I'm not sure but this means that no limit? I need advice I have a right to apply for British citizenship have lived in England for 14 years
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
As you are an EEA resident and have been living in the UK for more than five years you should be eligible for UK citizenship. Have you spent no more than 450 days outside the UK in the last five years?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply, since 2001 until now I am here in England
I have not been out of England more than 450 days.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
You can start the process of becoming a British Citizen here:
Do you have a National Insurance number? Passport? and Birth Certificate.
You will likely need some or all of these documents.
Is there any part of the process you wish to discuss?
Kind regards
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions