75100385

Hi...a couple of months ago I was

Customer Question

Hi...a couple of months ago I was requested to attend an interview with the Warwickshire Police because an ex-boyfriend had made a 'complaint' about me. The ex who made the complaint has actually, throughout the period he deems I've harassed him, continued to text and email me with accusations of hacking his emails, hacking his FB account, bidding for tables and chairs on his ebay account(!), tracking his phone (oh, the list goes on...believe me and it's all false and I told him to stop over and over) and therefore continued to create a line of correspondence with me by making these accusations. Within this time also, he threatened via text message to ruin my career, to publicise what I was doing (hacking accounts etc) and make sure he got me a criminal conviction. My ex had very good reason to want to destroy me because I witnessed behaviour between him and his 8 year old daughter which was explicitly inappropriate behaviour when her hand came in physical contact with his genitals after he enticed her by placing a long ski sock on it! He knew I was horrified as I left him two days later and since the night we split he has been threatening and accusing me, FALSELY I might add (and for which I've continued to ask for evidence of these accusations, knowing full well he could not provide any because I did none of the things he states), and he has now managed to convince the police that I have been harassing him. There were definitely some angry texts in the beginning but that stopped after a few weeks - pretty 'normal' behaviour to my mind when a couple split up. He has also held onto a piece of my property since the day we split and deliberately held onto it so that he would exhaust my requests to send it back.
As a result, the police phoned and requested a voluntary interview with me but never mentioned it was for harassment. I attended the meeting and again, they did not say it was harassment but started the interview by cautioning about evidence etc should it go to court but just asked me to tell them what had happened. They showed me two pieces of evidence one being mutual emails between me and my ex where we agree 2 draw a line & one being a note I left at house when I told him I was coming to finally collect my property before taking civil action to get it. Incidentally, he contacted me AFTER he’d made the complaint with the police & told me he was at a certain location if I wanted it back. When I responded that I did, he didn’t respond but took that to the police also. I told the police about this but they ignored it by saying they didnt’ recognise the number I’d given them (clearly he had given them a different number). It was only after the police left a message for me to say that they had to send the information to the CPS that I asked them what I was actually being investigated for. It was the first time in this email that they stated how they’d ‘explained’ it was for harassment (no they didn’t) and it was to do with the number of texts, emails and a visit to his house when I was told not to have contact (again, I had to question the police officer on this because I had never been told by anyone to have no contact). At the time of the interview, as I had no idea what I was in there for, I did not come armed with any of my own evidence and nor was I given the opportunity to provide it to them before they sent the one sided lot of evidence to the CPS. I am astounded now that the CPS have come back to say that I am to be charged with s2 harassment without even looking at anything that I have to show them. I did go to the MET police when he threatened me but they failed to investigate his threat as a miscommunication….that is still being looked into by the IPCC.
My question is: why did the police a) fail to tell me what the charges were before going to an interview and thereby giving me the opportunity to gather and provide a substantial amount of my own evidence and hence mitigating the situation b) tell me that I ‘was told not to have contact’ (I told them that’s just not correct information - who and where was I told by, they won’t answer that) c) why, when I requested another interview with them so I could provide my evidence once I’d been told what the charge was likely to be did they refuse to allow me to provide it d) why did they think it was acceptable for my ex to flagrantly hold onto my property despite a multitude of requests for it to be sent back (he said many times he’d get it to me on certain dates) and the police TELLING him to return it to me and e) why did they think it was acceptable for him to contact me after making the allegations and accept MY responses as harassing but that he could communicate with me. Have the police followed the PACE rules here. I feel very rail roaded and, yes, I’ve taken legal advice and am preparing my defence but I wonder if I have an opportunity to complain to the IPCC regarding the catalogue of wrong doings by the police….

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know if you have taken legal advice, what is it you want to achieve please?

Customer :

I am totally disatisfied with the way this has been dealt with. I responded early this morning to your two questions - both of which are answered within my original post and it is now 24 hours since I posted this question and I've still not received any sort of response. I would like to know that I am NOT being charged for this

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Youve NOT responded to my query at all. You've merely asked two questions, I've responded three times and you've sent my an almost harassing amount of emails since then to ask me for feed back for your reply! What on earth are you doing?? I hope I have not been charged for this and request another person look at my complaint

I have no control over the emails, they are system generated.

However I can not see how you responded to my request. Please see the conversation above.

I am here and happy to help now so we can work on this together

I did ask what is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY I HAVE NOT HAD A SATISFACTORY RESPONSE TO A) MY QUESTIONS RAISED AND B) MY COMPLAINT ABOUT IT. I ASSUME YOU HAVE CHARGED ME £36 FOR YOUR 'SERVICE' AND I HAVE STILL YET TO RECEIVE THE ANSWER I EXPECTED. THE QUESTIONS I RAISED ARE SELF EXPLANATORY AND YET I'VE RECEIVED NOTHING BACK. I WOULD ALSO LIKE AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY, NOT ONLY I HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN ANSWER AT ALL TO MY QUERY BUT, I HAVE RECEIVED 47 EMAIL REQUESTED THAT I RATE THE SERVICE. THESE EMAILS HAVE CONTINUED TO ARRIVED, ALMOST HARASSINGLY, AT ALL HOURS DAY AND NIGHT IN VERY CLOSE SUCCESSION. I WILL BE RAISING THE LEGALITIES OF THIS WITH ANOTHER FIRM OF SOLICITORS
I asked for more information before I can give you an answer.

I need to know what is it you want to achieve? Do you want compensation, an apology, inquiry?