LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

my son was involved in a car accident, not his fault about

my son was involved in a car accident, not his fault about 4 weeks ago and the insurance company have already paid up on his car which was a write off but they keep insisting they are not willing to up the offer for his acute whiplash which was sustained. He was offered 2,100 pounds before he started going to the Physio. The other driver has the same insurance company, is that why they are trying to settle now? my son thinks it is best to accept even though he is still going for treatment. thanks
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

If your son does not yet know the extent of his injuries he should be slow to accept a settlement.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you let me know when his accident was? He would probably be sensible to see a personal injury claimant solicitor, they virtually all do free initial consultations and a no win no fee arrangement. He would then be able to be sure that he was not undersettling his claim.

Customer:

Hi, it was on the 19th August. originally they offered him a lot lower for his injuries and i told him you have not even started going to the Physio. a week later they made an increas of 800 pounds. Then they were not very nice to him on the phone saying he should accept the offer and not helpful. He feels like he wants it out the way to stop the worry. But why offer, as he is still going for treatment and they say offer includes treatment, but who knows how long for. He did seek a personal injury claimant where he was just enquiring, the next thing he has a call from his insurance that they have been in contact. so we cancelled it. The worry is for him if the claim with this sort of firm takes 25% he could get less back than what they are offering now With his insurance he has legal cover, but wont this be just their people again. thanks

LondonlawyerJ :

If his accident was only a few weeks ago then how can he possibly know how much the injury is going to affect him? He should not settle yet? Most personal injury firms will do a free initial no obligation meeting he should contact a firm that does this and see what they say.