12826847

Mr Mark Goodwin (Wilmslow - Cheshire) acted as our Solicitor

Mr Mark Goodwin (Wilmslow - Cheshire) acted as our Solicitor when we bought our house in East Didsbury Manchester in Nov/Dec 2011. He holds our Title Deed in his Office and I've been trying to contact his firm but invain apparantely they have closed !! Iam very worried is thre anyway you can help me in this case to reach him ?
Please advise
Kind Regards
Dr Kahtan Jbeili
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can I get our House Title Deed from Mark Goodwin & Co Firm ?

When a firm closes, the files are always taken over by someone and so are the wills and so are the deeds.
The firm that takes over is either appointed by the firm which is closing or by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
If you contact the Law Society
www.lawsociety.org.uk
They will give you the name and contact details of the firm which has taken over the old firm's files.
This should not cause a problem for you other than the fact that they will have to find the files in the deeds amongst the various boxes they have taken over.
Surprising though it may seem, the longer ago the firm was taken over, the more orderly the deeds et cetera are likely to be.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply .. I could not find Mark Goodwin & Co on the Lawsociety.org.uk ? What shall I do?

Please help

Kind Rehards

Dr K Jbeili

If the firm is no longer trading then you are absolutely right - you will not find them on the Law Society website. That is why you need to ring the Law Society and find out which company has taken this one over. They should deal with it on the telephone for you.