LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

i brought a set of car wheels from a private add there were

i brought a set of car wheels from a private add there were advertised as orginial range rover wheels I brought them in good faith & paid 44o pounds cash. when I got them home I took them to I wheel specialist who told me they were not originals but copies .I then called the seller who said he did not know this .I was still willing to take the wheels but at a discounted price or I would return them & have my money back he is willing to do neither .do I have a case
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

I assume this was a private sale and that the person you brought from was not selling in the course of business.

Customer:

yes that's correct

LondonlawyerJ :

If you have bought something based on a description that turns out to be a misrepresentation. You relied on that representation as being true and the nature of that representation (ie that they were original Range Rover wheels) was central to you entering the contract then yes you have been the victim of a misrepresentation and are entitled to treat the contract as null and void, if you are unable to agree a lesser price. His lack of knowledge is irrelevant.