75100385

I have used Farmers Choice for meat products and entered into

I have used Farmers Choice for meat products and entered into a direct debit arrangement with them. I no longer wish to use them and requested cancellation of the direct debit and return of my cash balance which is over £300. I have been informed that my direct debit has been cancelled but I must buy goods to the value of my cash balance. They sh0wed me their terms of trading which they say I agreed to by computer initials. This seems bad trading practise.
***** *****-Prentice
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Can you confirm whether or not their terms do say you must use the product value rather than refund please?

Customer:

yes it does

Alex Watts :

Sadly its bad news I am afraid. As a business you have far lesser rights than a regular customer. If you were a consumer then you may have protection under the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations. This does not apply to a business

Alex Watts :

A business is expected to read all the terms, no matter how unfair they may seem

Alex Watts :

You can try and take action though as it would be inexpensive and a small claim

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

That is fine thank you

Alex Watts :

Great. Can I help with anything further today please?

Alex Watts :

Try and rate now, I have clicked the button - thanks!