75100385

Hi, need to know if I need to declare any of the below on

need to know if I need to declare any of the below on my ILR application as Civil Judgment and/or Civil Penalty, please.
1. I have one speeding defect on my license (Code: SP30 and paid £60 fine + 3 points on my license).
2. I also, have had an alleged car accident where someone claimed I bumped their car when coming out of car parking. They had informed my insurance company (using registration number) and insurance company came back to me on this. At the time since I was worried it's better not to go to the court and hence affect my application, I accepted liability. this happened in 7 Oct 13, I accepted liability 17 Feb 14 and I have not heard or got any letters, since then.
Thanks,
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

1. Yes you need to declare the speeding and points

Alex Watts :

2. No you do not have to declare the civil accident

Alex Watts :

Customer: Many Thanks Alex. I will do. Speeding defect would be classed as civil penalty, right? Also, would you say it is going to affect the application? I remember until recently this would have been considered minor traffic affence and not required to be declared for ILR although it did need to be declared for British citizenship. Has this changed?
Customer:

Also Alex, I did not go to court for any of the above. Do I still need to declare?

Alex Watts :

Speeding is not civil it is criminal but dealt with by fixed penalty.

Alex Watts :

You dont need to declare the accident but you do the speeding

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Many thanks Alex.Lastly, as you say it is criminal, do I still need to declare in the E3 section asking about civil judgment and/or penalties? Also, it asks for date of judgment/penalty. In my license it only says the date of offence. Shall I put that down as the date?

Alex Watts :

Yes you should put the information down as of that date.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Many thanks again Alex.