UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My wife has a Filipina friend - Kim. Kim married a British

My wife has a Filipina friend - Kim. Kim married a British citizen and the two of them had three children (all UK passport holders). During their marriage Kim and her husband lived full-time in the Philippines - no attempt was ever made by Kim's husband to acquire UK citizenship for his wife. Sadly Kim's husband passed away prematurely in his mid-60s. At her husband's request Kim subsequently brought her husband's ashes to England for burial.
Kim's youngest child is 16 years old; Kim would like to know if it is possible for her to come and live full-time in the UK on the strength of her youngest child's UK passport - or, for that matter - via any other route. Kim is currently in the UK on a visit visa, staying with her brother-in-law (her deceased husband's elder brother). She is in receipt of two widow's pensions. Thank you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I would advise her to make an application while she is in the UK using form FLR(FP) on the basis of her family life and circumstances , the form appears below
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/336754/FLR_FP__Version_07-14.pdf
May I help further?