12826847

My static caravan is on a Holiday licence park., the site is

Customer Question

My static caravan is on a Holiday licence park., the site is 8.5 months long
The site owner takes 10% from the seller as commission?! but I am gifting the caravan to my best friend. The cost would just be a transfer fee of £200.00 instead of the 10%
What is my rights if they demand a percentage of the market value??
I have never signed any agreement !!
Did you agree to this verbally?
Does a contract exist unsigned?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, not at all Verbally
Also, I have never seen or heard of a contract
Well, I presume you are paying something? There must be some basis to that?
I suppose the site owner hasn't found the buyer for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not looking for or needing a buyer!!., I am Gifting it to my best friend
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In a nutshell !! Can he Stop me from Gifting the caravan to my friend, and can he demand more than the £200.00 transfer of name fee
The simple answer is that it depends on two factors.
The first is what was agreed. The fact that you hadnt signed an agreement doesn't mean you are not bound by it if they can prove it in other ways. If you say this wasn't agreed verbally though and you were not shown a copy of such an agreement then it should not apply.
Even if that goes against you, the second provision would come into play. Its quite unlikely to refer to 10% of the market price. It might well refer to 10% of the sale price but there was no price here. Of course, it doesn't depend on whether or not they accept that there was no sale price. They may be saying that its unlikely you would gift such a high value item but they would have to prove some form of payment which should not be possible if your account is accurate.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much., can you please email myself your advise in full
I think it is sent out to you automatically. If not, customer services will assist with that.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.