12826847

DBS I recently applied for a DBS under the auspices of the

DBS
I recently applied for a DBS under the auspices of the Methodist Church the DBS was inaccurate with convictions which are not mine. I immediately telephoned to have these removed and was sent a form to complete to resolve the matter. I was told not to worry as information is strictly private and confidential
During the interim the DBS informed the Methodist church of the convictions (which are not mine) and I am now under investigation from the Methodist church
I would like to know if writing and publicising false information about a person is paramount to liable deformation of character or misuse of confidential data
Who has written this? Do you mean the DBS?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Applied for DBS certificate to work within primary school setting

The certificate came back to me with a conviction which happened in 1981 to a Patricia French in 1981 I was Patricia Florence Thompson

The DBS wrote to the Methodist church (sponsoring the D|BS) certificate and they have asked me to stand down untik the matter is resolved

I had already informed the DBS this information was inaccurate

OK.
But have you complained to the ICO?
Or is it just that you have written to the DBS?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know who the ICO are Jo

I have only written a letter of complaint to the DBS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

written to DBS

OK. If there are errors then you need to ascertain who is responsible for that. It might actually not be DBS. It might be that the fault lies with the information on your PNC.
You can ascertain what is on your PNC by making a subject access request to your local police station. That will cost about £10 and take about a week.
If the fault lies there then you need to ask the Chief Constable to correct his records as the data controller. If he refuses then complain to the Information Commissioner. Now that prints and DNA are taken from arrested persons it should be easy enough to ascertain whether they relate to you.
If the fault lies not on PNC but upon the DBS records then you need to complain to the ICO as the DBS are clearly not willing to act.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just what is a PNC

Police national computer. The original of the information given by DBS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I shall do this but still feel that my good name and reputation have been slurred by the safeguarding officer at Methodist church and due to this mistake I have been asked to step down and not take up that post.

My history is children and young peoples ministry and feel quite shocked at this outcome

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.