Good morning Ben, many thanks for your prompt reply.
My apologies for taking a while to come back to you and to thank you…
Since I first made contact with you I still at this point have not received my deposit back, and appears that I will not. I still have had no formal telephone conversation with the dealer since last Thursday when I explained fully my situation (Finance companies not willing to deal with them and also having to apply for a loan which would delay the purchase further), it was during this conversation I was told a conversation would be had in house about holding the vehicle for a few more days, I never received a call back. I did receive contact 3 days later via text due to a conversation I had with the third party who recommended the dealer to me (He called on my behalf to ask why there had been no contact, and to also reiterate my desire to buy the vehicle and that my funds would be available Wednesday), This text simply said ‘Busy, call you Monday’, but never received the call, again only a text on Tuesday 17th stating somebody else was viewing the car and if they bought it they would keep my deposit, if they did not buy the car then I had until Wednesday to buy the car or they would keep my deposit.
I now have my funds available, and feel they have breached their side of the contract by selling from under my feet.
A few things I am confused about, I was told via text that deposits are non-refundable if I viewed the car, which I did. This to me sounds like a completely ridiculous policy. Was also told via text that 3 weeks to hold a car is also not policy? Also I have not signed any documents and have seen nothing in writing stating these policies.
Thanks again Ben, not sure what else you can elaborate on this but this is where I am as of today.