31090051

The right of way to our house is owned by a neighbour, and

The right of way to our house is owned by a neighbour, and is also used by another neighbour who is not on good terms with the right of way owner. The access is in need of resurfacing. My husband would like to do some repairs, but has been told by the owner not to touch it. I worry that our vehicles may be damaged, or even worse, if someone falls and is injured, as this is also used by locals and visitors as a footpath. Are my husband and I liable for any claim for injury and do we need permission to do repairs? Our right of way is specified on the deeds to our property. The owners of the access do not use it with vehicles.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You could not be held liable for damage to a third party. That would lie with the owner of the land.
As far as the right to do repairs is concerned and whether you need permission the answer to that should be contained in the title deeds. Have a look at what the deeds say and come back to me if ai can assist further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.