Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Following a CCJ and with a view to obtaining the amount awarded

Following a CCJ and with a view to obtaining the amount awarded by the court as the company have disregarded the order for payment, is it possible to summons the company to court for the purposes of asking questions before a judge in relation to the company's finances and assets? Thank you.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : You can certainly make the application against the company. The managing director or a senior executive would have to attend court to give evidence about the company assets. If you haven't already done so I recommend you also obtain details of the directors and complain to Companies House about their fitness to continue in that capacity. If the judgment is for more than £600 you should also consider transferring the judgment up to the High Court and then employ High Court enforcement officers to attend their premises to seize assets/property/goods to satisfy the judgment.
Customer:

Thank you for your advice.