31090051

IS IT ILEAGAL FOR AN ALCOLIC TO RUN A SOCIAL CLUB

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No, it is not illegal in the sense that any crime would be committed. However, there could be objection on the basis that the person was not a fit and proper person to hold a licence and that could lead to any application being refused.
Similarly, if the person Is the holder of a licence and an alcohol problem has been detected, a complaint could be made to the licensing board who would have a statutory duty to investigate. The board has the power to suspend or restrict the licence.
It is, separately, a crime for the licence holder to be on his premises whilst drunk. That could lead to criminal charges.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.