31090051

My home has been on the market with my solicitor/selling agent

My home has been on the market with my solicitor/selling agent for a year with it being a very small village there have been no viewings the (valuation £ 100,000. ) A potential buyer passing along the shore offered me £ 80,000 with a £ 2,000 deposit none refundable to them take my home off the market until their house is sold then the full amount would be paid to me in cash , do I still need my solicitor's services to complete the sale ? , as the potential buyer thinks that mine is not needed in a cash sale *****@******.***
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You will have to check the contract you have with the solicitor. Typically a contract for the estate agency services will provide that any person introduced during the period of the agency or during the notice period will be covered by the contract and will result in a commission having chargeable. More rarely, the contract may say that it only applies to people that have been introduced during the period of the agency. If that is the case you can terminate the agency contract, wait out the period of notice and then accept the offer without being liable to the solicitor for commission.
You should have a look at the contract to see what it says. Either way it does not affect the necessity of having a solicitor to deal with the conveyancing aspects of the transaction. That is something that you cannot do yourself.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.