75100385

Hello i am writing regarding tax credit, currently i am working

Hello i am writing regarding tax credit, currently i am working how ever soon my husband who has recently received limited leave to remain will begin working, i will only be doing part time, i rang HMRC to ask them if i would have to close my claims as my husband is not allowed to claim public funds, and currently i am on the claim form and was the claimant as well as the one who was working. so i wanted to ask if i will have to stop claiming working and child tax credit as HMRC are saying i am still allowed to claim but i don't want to mess up my husbands case for future so if i claim will this affect my husbands record as he will be the main provider of income soon.
Thankyou
Sarah
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you today

Alex Watts :

As long as you are only making a claim for yourself then you would still be entitled to claim tax credits

Alex Watts :

They are assessed individually not joint, so as long as you qualify you are still entitled to it

Alex Watts :

This also makes no difference if you are claiming on your husbands immigration status

Alex Watts :

If you are entitled then you can claim

Alex Watts :

Your husband obviously can't

Alex Watts :

Customer: So as he will be working and i wont be can i still claim as they ask for both couples details on form?
Customer: Hmrc said i can how ever i dont want him to have any problem when he needs to renew his permission for limited leave
Alex Watts :

Yes that is correct.

Alex Watts :

Just inform them of any changes

Alex Watts :

But it wont be a problem for limited leave, you are claiming - not him

Alex Watts :

Its based on what your income is

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer: Also as its a joint claim where both our details are on form as long as i am the one claiming is ok? As he also had to sign the warm, also keeping in mind it said on his permission granted letter that he is not allowed to recieve public funds, yet me and my children are all british nationals
Alex Watts :

Yes. Indeed - just make that clear on the form

Customer: Ok thats understandable now so as long as im the claimant its all good
Alex Watts :

Yes

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else?

Customer: Final question him signing on the form altho i am main claimant wont be a problem for his case for definite
Alex Watts :

Not a problem

Customer: Ok thankyou very much i have been feeling confused about this and didnt want to mess up anything for future thank you very much!