tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I WAS INFORMED ON SATURDAY, 14/09/14 BY PREFERRED MORTGAGES

I WAS INFORMED ON SATURDAY, 14/09/14 BY PREFERRED MORTGAGES THAT THEY HAVE ENFORCED THEIR SUSPENDED REPOSSESSION ORDER BECAUSE OF THREE MONTH'S ARREARS ON MY MORTGAGE. I HAVE TENANTS IN THE PROPERTY. I WAS NOT FEELING WELL BECAUSE OF HYPERTENSION, HIGH MEDICATION FROM PREVIOUS STROKE AND RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH DIABETES.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question/ My name is***** can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Are you asking what you might be able to do in order to address the issue and get the possession order suspended again?

Customer:

Yes, and if possible, if l can renegotiate with the mortgage company? What re the options open to me?

Customer:

I do not see any answer provided. What answer have you provided?

tdlawyer :

Hello, sorry I went offline because I didn't get a reply from you until a while after I posted.

tdlawyer :

Yes, you can renegotiate with the lender at any time, of course.

tdlawyer :

To stop the possession, you need to make an application to the Court, as you might have done before, using Form N244.

tdlawyer :

You need to explain to the Court your medical issues that meant you were unable to deal with the mortgage payments.

tdlawyer :

The Court is likely to suspend the possession so long as you can demonstarte to it that you can continue to pay the usual monthly payment and that you can clear any arrears over a reasonable period of time. For this purpose, the "reasonable period" is likely to be the remaining part of the mortgage term.