tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED I PAID £13000 POUND WITH ANOTHER PERSON

I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED I PAID £13000 POUND WITH ANOTHER PERSON BUT HE PAID A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN ME TROUBLE IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK AS I HAD TO BORROW TO PAY WAT A STUPID IDIOT I WAS TO FALL FOR SUCH A SCAM HE SOUNDED SO GENUINE HE AS EVEN GOT A $32000 POUND LOAN TO PUT TO THE END OF THIS TRANSACTION BUT WE ARE STILL £5000 .700 POUND SHORT HE KEEPS TELLING ME TO GO OUT AND MAKE AN EFFORT TO GET BUT I CANT AND I WONT PLEASE ALL I WANT IS THE MONEY BACK THAT I PAYED OUT TO PAY BACK THE PEOPLE I OWE WAT CAN I DO THANK YOU
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is***** should be able to assist with this.

tdlawyer :

If you've been scammed, then it is always worth speaking to the police. They have powers to recover money wrongfully paid to criminals on behalf of any victims.

Customer:

the police have been informed

tdlawyer :

Okay, good. If that doesn't get you your money back, there is the option of suing them in the county court.

tdlawyer :

You can do that online too, at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer:

no its in u nited states

tdlawyer :

You have to register but it's the easiest way of starting civil court proceedings.

tdlawyer :

Okay, in that case, you have to do it the old way - of filling in an N1 Claim Form and seeking the permission of the Court to serve proceedings out of the jurisdiction. You can do this using Form N244.

Customer:

where i get that

tdlawyer :

The forms are available from the Court service website here:https://www.justice.gov.uk/forms/hmcts

tdlawyer :

Just type the form into the search box.

tdlawyer :

N1 and N244.

tdlawyer :

Or, you might be able to sue in the United States, and you should speak with US lawyers about that. It you did it in England though, then the forms I mentioned are the ones you would need.

Customer:

is that all

tdlawyer :

Procedurally it's not too difficult.

Customer:

how do i get a us lawyer

tdlawyer :

You can post a question in the US Law forums on justanswer.com and they can helpo you there too.

tdlawyer :

Obviously, at the moment, you're on the UK site.

Customer:

ok will they definrtely help

tdlawyer :

I don't see why they wouldn't help you.

Customer:

ok i will give it a go i need to get help quick

Customer:

thankyou

tdlawyer :

Thank you - can I just check that you're happy with my answer, from a UK perspective, please?