tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

verbal offer for a property but I wish to withdraw it as the

verbal offer for a property but I wish to withdraw it as the property has charges against it including a ccj and bankruptcy order
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question.

tdlawyer :

My name is***** can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

You do not need to worry about this, as no offer to buy property can be accepted and become legally binding unless there is an agreement in writing.

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

thanks I am a widow and don't wish to have bailiffs and debt agencies chasing me at this property , even more embarrassing is that the man is an ex colleague I had no idea he lived there and I work for the Home Office as a seasonal relief immigration officer . I do not want any adverse Experian checks etc

tdlawyer :

You should obviously make this clear to them - so that nobody proceeds with exploring your credit history etc. with a view to making you any kind of lending/mortgage offer.

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

The local estate agency has sold my property for me and I don't want to mess them about , I knew it was a corporate sale but silly me thought they may have just had the house repossessed . I am mortage free and they know any purchase I make is to be cash on completion , shall I phone the branch first thing to tell them not to make an offer on my behalf , which was £30,000 less than the asking price in any event ?

tdlawyer :

If you don't want this to proceed, then you should tell them you don't want it to proceed.

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

And I wont be liable for any charges etc ?

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

I have not signed anything

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

hello are you still there please ?

tdlawyer :

Im here!

tdlawyer :

You're talking about the estate agents charges for looking for a buyer?

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

yes I viewed with the estate agent on Friday evening asked them to put £170,000 forward as an offer , which they said they would do tomorrow. I am using the local branch who has sold my home for me subject to contract. I have just emailed the head office and the branch selling my home and the branch offering the house for sale for £204,950 for the corporate seller asking them not to make the offer due to the charges etc that appear on the title deeds. I have not make any contact with my solicitor or the corporate company or their solicitors

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

are you still there please?

tdlawyer :

Im here - I can't always reply immediately, need to read and think about the answer.

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

ok

tdlawyer :

Your agents fees can be charged against you for finding buyers etc. without their being a written agreement.

tdlawyer :

So, you should speak with them tomorrow and ask what it is they're proposing to charge for their services, especially if you were pull out now of the sale of your premises.

tdlawyer :

When I was talking about property sales being in writing, I meant the actual sale/purchase contract of the property itself, which is different to your contract with your estate agent to market property etc.

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

no sorry I am happy for the sale of my property to proceed without my finding a home immediately if necessary . Am I liable for a charge if I withdraw the verbal offer for the repossessed property. Which they should not have made as yet as they said they could not contact the company until tomorrow?

tdlawyer :

No, you cannot have a binding agreement for the sale/purchase of property unless it's in writing.

tdlawyer :

So no, I don't see how you would be liable to the potential seller for withdrawing now as there is no written agreement.

tdlawyer :

Does this answer your question?

JACUSTOMER-08hf76bp- :

yes thanks very much

tdlawyer :

You're welcome. Thank you.

tdlawyer :

Please remember to rate the answer for me.

tdlawyer :

tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience: 11 years experience of general practice.