75100385

i rented a property via a letting agent for a 12 month period

i rented a property via a letting agent for a 12 month period and no longer live there, i left the property 12 months ago .
I have written and called the letting agent for a copy of my tenancy agreement and the have told me that there not prepared to send me a a copy , i even offered to pay a small admin fee
As i am requesting a copy of my personal data ie tenancy contract then it must be there legal obligation to give copy (ICO) as i am legally entitled to my personal data
Can you please give me some advice of how to receive a copy and the LAW OR LEGISLATION that allows me to obtain it
King Regards *****
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : You can request a copy under the Data Protection Act. By law they must send you copies of anything relating to you.a
Alex Watts : They are entitled to charge a fee up to £10 and they have 40 days to do this.
Alex Watts : If they fail as you say you can go to the ICO www.ico.fov.uk
Alex Watts : www.ico.gov.uk
Alex Watts : The ICO can make them give you a copy or prosecute them.
Alex Watts : In addition you can go to court and get an order that they disclose the document to you.
Alex Watts : You would need to complete form n1
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : And form n244
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : You are asking the court to order that they dislose it.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?