Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

went into a business partnership with my girlfriend of 14 years

went into a business partnership with my girlfriend of 14 years , relationship went sour after 4and a half years of running pub so had to move out . we put about 50,000 into pub am i entitled to any money back as she is still operating but refuses to give me any money back
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Technically you would have been in a legal partnership. That means when you left the partnership would have dissolved. The offshoot of that is the assets and liabilities would be split 50/50.
Does the pub have any liabilities or assets?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When we took over pub it was purchased on a 19 year lease so we had to pay admiral taverns rent every month and buy certain products from them ? As for fitures and fittings we actually own that ? We had a business loan that was being paid of throu the takings of the pub apart from yhat no other debt and no assets really apart from the sale of the lease as a going concern had it valued in january of this year by a firm that deals with pub leases and they said realistically going by your books could sell it for 58 ,000
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
The fixtures and fittings can be removed and sold to the extent that they do not actually damage the property.
If your partner is not going to sell the pub then you will have to sue her for your share of the assets (less the liabilities). On what you have said you will probably get £29k (half of £58k).
Does she have the means to pay you in installments?
AJ