75100385

We have an insurance cover from a conservatory installers for

We have an insurance cover from a conservatory installers for the conservatory.
The roof leaks & we submitted a claim.
A member of a company called Remedial Co were sent by the insurance company to inspect the fault
The engineer/ fitter went on the roof and made repairs.
The roof still leaks.
The insurance company say the roof is not insured under the original insurance & will not return to repair the fault?
Do I go to small claims?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What is the cost of repair please?

Customer: We do not have a price because we believed it was covered by insurance & the fitter who came said nothing to the contrary
Customer: only the insurance company now says they will not return to make a repair
Alex Watts :

When did you have the work done please?

Customer: 28 August 2014
Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund or they fix it within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer: The costs will be minimal however I feel that
Alex Watts :

Indeed a small claim cost is small

Alex Watts :

But that not the point of course

Customer: If insurance was taken out then you should be covered and the insurance having sent someone in to repair should also be responsible for the same problem still being there. The fact that they have now decided that there is no cover should have been made before their intervention.
Alex Watts :

Indeed. You should get the cost of repair and claim for that sum

Customer: Even though the insurance company says now we are not covered for the conservatory roof
Alex Watts :

Yes, because they represented you were

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer: Please just to clarify, we claimed they came & repaired and now say we are not covered.
Alex Watts :

Yes. They can't cancel it unless the policy allows them which is why you can claim those sums back

Customer: thanks
Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?