How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have received an "order to attend court for questioning"

Resolved Question:

I have received an "order to attend court for questioning" in relation to periodic payments that I cannot currently afford to pay as I am out of work.
Along with the court document is a copy of the "Notice of Application for Enforcement" which my ex-wife has submitted. This notice includes a long list of documents which she demands are sent to her before the court date but it is not clear to me whether the court has instructed me to provide these documents or whether this is just a wish list she has put together.
How can I check whether the court has actually requested the information or if this is just a wish list from my ex (who is out for revenge ever since residency of the children was granted to me)? Is it normal that a court would ask that documents be submitted prior to a an order to attend court for questioning?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
The court wont have ordered specific documents, you just have to take details of income, expenditure. Indeed the Court forms shows you only need to take:
• pay slips
• bank statements
• building society books
• share certificates
• rent book
and in the case of a business
• bills owed to it
• 2 years’ accounts
• current management accounts.
• mortgage statement
• hire purchase and similar agreements
• court orders
• any other outstanding bills
• electricity, gas, water and council tax bills for
the past year.
That is all you need to take.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for clarifying this - I did notice on the Order to Attend that it said that "if a list of additional documents is attached to this order, these too must be produced" so I wasn't sure. Would it be helpful for me to send the information into the court before hand so the judge has chance to see the information? Also, I think I should submit an application to vary which I have been told is a Form A - my intention is to submit this prior to attending court so it can be heard at the same time.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
No you only need to take it on the day.
If you need to make an application to vary you can get this done on the day too.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

perfect, yes it does, thank you!!

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go.
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.


Related Law Questions