13262538

i am still half owner of a property in london with my ex husband

i am still half owner of a property in london with my ex husband which was never sighned over to him and the mortgage is still in joint names,am i still entitled to half the property which was purchased in 1987
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
When was the Decree Absolute and what Financial Arrangements were agreed at the time of the divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the decree absolute was finalised in 1998,he was ordered to pay maintenance for our two children until the age of 18yrs or they finish fullterm education,he retired in 2008 when the children were 18 yrs and going to college,i have financed them both since then,we had two properties between us at the time,he signed the irish property to me and the london property remains in joint names of which he wants me to now sighn over to him,i am reluctant to do this as i paid into the mortgage from 1978 to 1995 when i moved to ireland with our two children,i understand the property in london remains in both our joint names

What did the Financial Court Order say about the London Property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that we both sighn both properties over,unfortunatley my ex didnt pay his solicitor hence he was discharged so the property in london is still in joint names

In that case I am sorry but the Court Order does still stand and you are not entitled to any of the proceeds of sale
If you refuse to sign the Transfer and he applies to the court for an order regarding that then I am afraid that you would end up paying any court costs
I am sorry to give you such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.