13262538

We have a 16 year old who would like to move school for sixth

We have a 16 year old who would like to move school for sixth form and live with his Father. His Mother will probably make this difficult as she insisted on the Sixth form choice and he is very unhappy with it.
Is it within his rights to chose change of school and domicile?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Unless there are special circumstances the courts will not be involved with any Court Orders regarding children over 16.
The young man is entitled to decide that he wishes to live with his father and where he goes to school (although no longer IF he goes to school)
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.