Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Yes, this is AST.
Originally I planned to move in August but I failed to do so. Therefore, I signed this 6 month contract from the 1st of September. I am getting keys this week so I can vacate the house by the end of September.
However, the agent is not advertising the house despite they confirmed in writing - prior to signing the contract - the landlord has agreed to end my contract earlier.
I sent this email to the agent on the 30 of July:
"Unfortunately our house purchase didn't go well. We were close to completion but just before exchanging contracts our solicitor sent us a letter saying there is asbestos in the house. Therefore, we decided not to proceed further with the purchase. Because of that we have no place to move into. Could you please let me know if we could re-new our tenancy agreement for 25 Way Lane?"
so this was a month before the notice they gave us.
You mean I would not be able to stay for 6 months? I sent them an email on the 5th of September. In response they came to see the house and during that visit they told me the landlord expects me to renovate the house before advertising it.
Thank you for your response. Could you please clarify the following:
* let's assume "a person's life is in immediate danger like a gas leak." - does it mean we can terminate the contract immediately or rather they should fix the problem quickly?
* You wrote "If you gave him notice on the 5th then he should start looking immediately but probably a court would accept that one to two months is reasonable." Do you mean two months are reasonable for finding another tenant or for just advertising the house?
* What shall I expect if I won't pay the October rent?
Thank you. Could you please answer my last question?
Could I advertise the house myself now and then re-direct viewers to the Agent?