75100385

A youth football league committee has accepted under 16 boys

A youth football league committee has accepted under 16 boys to sign up to play in all league and cup games via a fee of £15 which is normal. Afterwards the committee bring in rules that exclude some players from playing. My question is. is this not a clear breach of contract?.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether the club has rules that allow them to change the rules please?

Customer:

Hi Alex

Customer:

They can change the rules but they have to be ratified by the Hampshire FA which has not gone through. They also implemented these rules after the boys signed up.

Customer:

Rod

Customer:

The committee does not have these rules in the league hand book or issued to clubs as an official rule change

Alex Watts :

If the rules allow them to amend the rules after they have joined then they can if it has gone through the FA (if that is what the rules say)

Alex Watts :

But if they have not gone through the FA then they can not change the rules without doing this

Alex Watts :

As for changing rules after someone has joined, they can do this, but only if the original rules allow them to do this. From what I understand from what you have said, the rules do allow this, subject to FA approval

Alex Watts :

Customer:

But is this a breach of contract?

Alex Watts :

Up until the FA have approved, yes

Customer:

They still have not ratified these rule so are the rule still binding?

Alex Watts :

The changed rules - no

Customer:

How do we approach this as a challenge to the rules

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your position. Say that they have implemented rules that are not in accordance with their own rules.

Alex Watts :

You need to ask that the situation be remedied. They may simply get approval from the FA and then you are stuck with the new rules

Customer:

OK thankyou

Alex Watts :

If they refuse to remedy then you can seek a declaration from the Court but that will cost, but I would suggest complaining to the FA branch

Alex Watts :

Customer:

No Thank you

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today for you?