75100385

hI I HAD AN EXTENSIVE FOOTBALL PROGRAMME COLLECTION MAINLY

hI
I HAD AN EXTENSIVE FOOTBALL PROGRAMME COLLECTION MAINLY ARSENAL,AND I NEEDED MONIES TO PUT INTO MY BUSINESS AND GAVE IT TO A SPECIALIST AUCTIONEERS BASED IN BIRMINGHAM.
HE CAME TO MY HOUSE TWICE AS IN THE FIRST INSTANCE I COULDN'T LET GO OF THEM BUT AS IT BECAME MORE DIRE I GAVE THEM TO HIM TO SELL OFF WITH A PROMISE THAT ALL PROGRAMMES WILL HAVE RESERVE PRICE HENCE WON'T BE SOLD CHEAPLY,WELL SUFFICE TO SAY THIS IS NOT THE CASE AND THE AUCTIONEER HAS FAILED CONSIDERABLY BY LETTING CERTAIN ITEMS GO BELOW THE RESERVE PRICE,HAVING SAID THAT NOT ALL ITEMS WERE SOLD AND ARE DUE TO BE RETURNED.
TO ME,
I WAS ASSURED THAT THERE BE A GOOD RETURN TO WHICH ITS NOT THE CASE,
CAN I PURSUE THE AUCTIONEER FOR FULL RETURN OF MY PROGRAMMES OR SOME SORT OF COMPENSATION FOR SELLING ITEMS BELOW THE RESERVE PRICE WITHOUT THE AUTHORITY TO DO SO.
THANKS
JOE
SORRY ITS IN CAPITAL LETTERS
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now Joe, just so that I understand did you say you placed a reserve on the items?

Customer:

hi Alex

Customer:

Yes,each item was put into a reserve price as i know that dealers attend auctions and i certainly didn't want them to go cheaply after all it took me a long time with research an monies to get the items some were quite rare to say,but like not all were sold but the 1s that were and there was quite a few that was sold under the reserve price and thats were my concerns are

Alex Watts :

Ok - so did it go for the reserve price or higher?

Customer:

some did but most not

Alex Watts :

Ok - how did they go for lower than the reserve when you set it?

Customer:

this is my problem as i got the full list of programmes with the reserve price and the sold price beside it

Alex Watts :

Ok - but I dont quite understand why that is a problem?

Customer:

the problem to me is that the programmes didn't reach the prices i was looking for which was assured to me,but if you think i don't have a problem

Alex Watts : I didn't say that, are you saying a reserve was set but they were sold under the reseve ?
Alex Watts : Or if the issue the reserve price being shown in the catalogue?
Customer: Sorry got busy
Customer: yes certain items were sold under the reserve price which was in the catalogue
Alex Watts : Ok. Did you sign terms and conditions with the auction room? If so does it say they can sell under the value please?
Customer:

yes,there was terms an conditions in place and had no authorization to sell under the reserve price,that's what i'm annoyed about

Customer:

the auctioneers as far as i'm concerned got my collection with assurance that items it will sell only for a agreed reserve price not under that for i lost out on a lot of money,

Alex Watts : Ok. How much have you lost in terms of under reserve price?
Customer:

hi

Customer:

i'm really busy now.

Customer:

i just take it as a bad experience and move on thanks for your time