13262538

Hello I am divorced with a child who who currently lives

Hello I am divorced with a child who who currently lives with her mother. We both have parental responsibility.. Currently our child holds a British Passport. Her mother desires our daughter to hold an Irish Passport ( child born in the uk) Does this have any affect on access and future possible situations re removing our daughter from the country without my consent etc.? The mother is Irish by the way. Many thanks Daniel Coll Tel XXXXX XXXXXX

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Holding two passports does not change the fact that your ex would need your permission to take the child out of the country permanently - nor will it prevent you from using the Irish Courts to force the return of the child to the Uk if she does remove her without your agreement.
Arguably it could make is slightly easier to physically do it - but it does not change the legal position.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details