12826847

At a First-tier tribunal appeal hearing I proved to the judge

At a First-tier tribunal appeal hearing I proved to the judge that I had been framed for benefit fraud by the DWP. Incredibly, he then on his own initiative framed me for fraud. I subsequently had to pay the DWP a large sum of money on threat of having my assets seized. When I appealed, the Upper Tribunal judge rejected the First-tier judge’s decision as wrong, omitting that he had perverted the cause of justice which I proved in my appeal.
What redress do I have, if any, against the First-tier judge for framing me for fraud and libel for falsely stating I had lied and committed fraud?
I am really sorry but there is no remedy this.
All that has happened is that a decision has been overturned on appeal which happens fairly regularly and there are no consequences for an erring tribunal chair.
The fact that the decision was overturned does not prove bad faith and it certainly does not prove perverting the course of justice. An incorrect decision can be just a mistake or, more commonly, a reasonably held view that is disagreed with upon appeal.
I understand you are displeased with the first decision but I'm afraid that doesn't give rise to a cause of action.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.